Three tier New Year Cake

I have been busy lately learning the use of fondant dough in cake decorating. I tried a few recipes but was not quite satisfied. Then I decided, I will just pre-order fondant dough from the institute and just focus on the decoration instead. You know, it's best to let people who know the nuances of these things far better than I to do it. Also, focusing on things you can do will help to reduce the stress levels when it comes to cake decoration at least. So, finally, I managed to put together a three tier cake for new year.

The color schemes are used as per the instructions from my 4 yr old daughter and she helped me in arranging the color balls on the cake as well. Considering that this was my first attempt, I am quite happy with the way it turned out.

This is a three tier pineapple cake with pineapple and vanilla butter cream frosting with pineapple crush in between layers, covered in pineapple flavored fondant. Royal Icing is used to fuse all mini pieces together.

The bottom layer is a round cake and the top layer is a heart shaped cake. The third layer is made up of 4 mini cupcakes and a large cup cake.

I used gum paste fondants to create the purple flowers, yellow and white snow flakes, seashells, balls and the pink towers.














No comments:

Post a Comment

You Will Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...